FactSet is available to W&L users only; it offers comprehensive data and analytics on global financial and economic markets and companies. Data coverage includes:
- Financial data on 70,000+ public and private companies worldwide with historical coverage for developed markets from 1980s and for emerging markets from 1990s
- Up-to 2,000 historical financial metrics data items for close to 100 countries
- Historical financial data on 5,000 global indices, as well as fixed income, commodities, alternative investments markets, and more
Access to FactSet is available for academic, noncommercial use by students & faculty of W&L, and it is intended for advanced users. FactSet requires registration for an individual user account.
Accessing FactSet: Registration is required
- To get started with FactSet, new users must first register and create an individual account using a Washington and Lee University email address at: https://advantage.factset.com/academic_idrequest
- Upon completion of the registration form, ID requests are typically processed by FactSet within 72 business hours. You will receive an email directly from FactSet confirming your registration and providing login information.
- Contact the FactSet Help Desk at 1-877-FACTSET (available 24/7).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- W&L faculty and students should work with FactSet for tech help -- they are the expects!