The Law Library practice follows the current Washington and Lee University policy and guidelines regarding the coronavirus outbreak. We will adapt our practice based on the guidelines if there are any changes in the future. This guide will be updated as frequently as needed.
- The Library follows the University building and campus access policy strictly. The Law Library is CLOSED physically. All normal reference and research services continue to be available to students and faculty remotely.
- For W&L Law Students, we do encourage you to contact us by emailing email@example.com for reference assistance.
- For W&L Law faculty, we continue to provide document delivery services to faculty members. If you need to get materials from another institution (i.e., Interlibrary Loan), we will be able to access PDF scans of articles or book chapters for other libraries. We will no longer be able to receive books from other institutions. If you have questions about accessing any materials, please contact Franklin Runge (firstname.lastname@example.org). For other reference and research assistance, please contact Franklin Runge or Alex Zhang (email@example.com).
- All our e-resources will be accessible remotely as usual. Please check out our e-resources page for further instruction. If you have trouble accessing any resources remotely, please contact Andrew Christensen (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- We have secured temporary free online access to certain legal casebooks, study aids (West Academic Study Aids/Foundation Press and Wolters Kluwer) and Bluebook for our law students and faculty. Detailed information and access instruction is available in Box. Meanwhile, please contact Jennifer Mart-Rice (email@example.com) for any questions.
Sample study aids titles from West Academic includes:
Black Letter Outlines
Concise Hornbook Series
Exam Pro Series
Gilbert Law Summaries
Sum and Substance Audio Series
Sample study aids titles from Wolters Kluwer includes:
Examples and Explanations
Emanuel Law Outlines
CaseNote Legal Briefs
Glannon Guide Series
“In Other Words” Video Series