This guide is designed to help with the various -- and varied -- LACS capstone research projects this term. Topics include
- Representation of the Brazilian woman as a samba dancer, and explore the differences in her portrayal and reception in the street, in the carnival group, and in the ballroom.
- The history and evolution of regional intranational trade blocs in Latin America, paying particular attention to the most recent, UNASUR, and discussing its construction, and purpose.
- What similarities exist iconographically, symbolically, cosmologically, etc between the Aztecs of Mesoamerica and tribes in what is now the Southeastern United States? What could account for these similarities?
- The disconnect between the prevalence of female heads-of-state and lack of women in lower levels of government in Latin America.
- The Latin American migration patterns to the United States using as scope the immigrants country of origin and their ultimate settling place cross referenced with employment rates and household income of their eventual new homes.
Questions and comments about this guide can be directed to Senior Reference Librarian Dick Grefe.